Melanated Goddess

top shop orange camisole, ann taylor joggers, hat, colin stuart platform heels
It's the middle of July and I'm currently dying of heat exhaustion. I think it's safe to say that summer finally decided to show up with a humid, glaring bang. I should be happy, since 55 degree weather in July is nothing short of a cruel abomination, but 100 degree weather always has me at my knees..

Heat exhaustion aside, this summer has been one of those hectic periods in my life where each day literally whirls past me and I can't even tell right side up when I finally pass the fuck out. Yet, amidst this flurry of a summer daze, I was able to take some photos with this extra sexy Top Shop camisole and these loose Ann Taylor joggers. I find myself preferring more minimal looks in the summer where I can just throw something on and look presentable. My creativity really comes through when I have no time to breathe.. But folks *dont* try this at home. Unless of course, you enjoy running on three cups of coffee before noon.

You may have noticed I am without my winged eyeliner look here. I know many of you like that look on me, but these photos were taken pre-wing revelation. What's funny though is that during my day to day meanderings, I'm usually without makeup. I enjoy the freedom of being without any on, but of course, I actually really like playing with makeup. However, putting on makeup = time. And what with working, making YouTube videos, working on my music (I'm making an EP!), it's a miracle I've managed to breathe and see my friends and family through it all. But, I have no regrets. Over the last two years, I have rediscovered what drives me and although it hasn't been easy, I'm the happiest I've been in a while. My digital life has brought me to a place that I wasn't sure I'd see again. And that's a dream I've been chasing for a long time.


top shop orange camisole, ann taylor joggers, hat, colin stuart platform heelstop shop orange camisole, ann taylor joggers, hat, colin stuart platform heelstop shop orange camisole, ann taylor joggers, hat, colin stuart platform heelstop shop orange camisole, ann taylor joggers, hat, colin stuart platform heels


  Top Shop camisole (similar here
Ann Taylor jogger pants (similar here
Colin Stuart Platform Heels (similar here
Hat purchased from local Florida shop (similar here

Photos Taken With: Nikon Coolpix P7700