My Getaway Essentials

top shop, summer getaway essentials

Summertime is the time to get away.

Since summer is fast approaching, I love to get knee deep into summer getaway planning, but it gets a bit murky quickly, what with all of the things I want to do and all of the activities I can't quite afford to do. You could say it's a push and pull battle where I want to have fun without erasing my savings. What is possible with my 20-something income and lifestyle?

I've come to the conclusion that although I can't plan for lavish getaways right now, affordable vacations are possible when you stay close, rent a room and just plan a few days at the beach.  Even with those plans in mind, I still need a few essentials to have a memorable getaway.

That's why I partnered with Homeaway.com to flesh out those details. Homeaway caters to your wanderlusting desires, and hones in on precisely what you need to make a fun, stress-free planning experience.

Homeaway.com was happy to accommodate for my eclectic interests as I transition into a space where I constantly need my tripod and camera. In this little list they whipped up for me, I have come to accept that I am attached to my camera equipment like white on rice, but I also realized something else: I cannot live without a book to write in.

I said in a youtube video earlier this year that I wanted to write more rap songs, and that takes pages and pages of effort-- a goal that scraps of napkins and paper can't always fulfill. Often times, my inspiration and drive for writing songs comes randomly, but I'm glad that my goal setting has pushed me to go further than I have before.
Top Shop Camisole

Taken With: Nikon D3200 with 55-200mm lens