Patent Lace

Herein lies the final post in my collaboration with the Australian brand, Au Revoir Les Filles and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you. I think these images are some of my best work with them, and the colors accurately reflect my mood: bright, free and happy.

A few months ago, I snapped photos when it wasn't most ideal, but I lucked out and got photos with all of these hyper real shadows. I was really excited to stumble onto a different aspect of photography. I bring it up because I had another run in with a lucky accident.  

I was ready to chuck my Nikon across the street because it wasn't focusing at all, when all of a sudden I realized my camera had actually focused, it was just that I had stumbled onto a neat camera trick.  If you look at the full body shot below and the last photo in the set, you'll notice that the scenery behind me is larger than life in comparison to the rest of the photos. That's the camera trick! I actually was not loving the lack of depth in the lens that I have and now I realize that if you play around with your camera for a bit, you'll discover that so many things are possible. 

I really am digging these fun visual discoveries with my camera. It's kind of exciting, but reminds me that photography isn't easy and requires much time and patience. That being said, these photos just so happen to be some of my favorite shots because they bring to the forefront something I've always loved: nature. 

I've lived a large part of my life in urban areas and for those who know me outside the digital space, they know I speak of this often, but sometimes I forget that I've lived a large part of my life in a very woodsy, rural area which has had a great influence on me. It's most likely why most of my photos have some type of earthy add-on, and why during much of my free time, I'm breathing the outdoors, being active. It's a space that's quite calming for me. Especially when I'm at my most flustered and heated points, I need to be outside. It's one of the few things that really re-centers me.

ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,ann taylor camp shirt, f21 lace top, au revoir les filles necklaces, zara shorts, zara boots, tignanello backpack,
Forever 21 Lace Sleeveless Top (similer here and here)
Tignanello backpack (similar here)
 Zara Printed Shorts (similar here)
 Zara Ankle Boots (similar here)

Photos Taken With: Nikon Coolpix P7700