Stuart Got Me Blue

alfani jacket, ann taylor top, thrifted knit, jogger pants, stuart weitzman bag, winter fashion, layers
I'm not gonna lie: I took these photos three times. Yes, three different times. As in, on three different Saturdays I trekked out into the insane East Coast winter cold and tried to take photos of the same outfit because the previous ones sucked.
Don't get me wrong. I love the cold, but this winter...it's too much-- too, too much. That's probably why it took me so damn long to post these, but I'm happy I took my time. I've never considered myself a perfectionist, but when it comes to creative content, I always want to put my best foot forward, and I really feel like I accomplished that here, but I almost felt like giving up.

When I was taking the final set of photos that you see above, I was ready to call it quits. I had spent 2 separate Saturday afternoons trying to take them, but for some reason the pictures were either dim or fuzzy. Of course, that could be because I'm still learning how to use my Nikon, but I was getting so tired at making the attempt that I kind of had it on this final Saturday afternoon.

But I thought, I had put so much effort into picking a location and styling the outfit that I might as well keep at it until I get it right. So that I did; Same outfit, same location, but I went at a slightly earlier time. I went at 12pm instead of my usual 3. The light was shining so brightly that it was creating these really great shadows and hyper real colors in my photos. They actually reminded me of fashion blogger, Song of Style, who recently posted photos where she created the same types of shadows and it really inspired me, so I kept snap, snap, snapping away.

I really love the blue tints that came out in these photos. I made them a bit more mesmerizing with the aid of a little Photoshop magic, but a lot of it was 'au naturale.'

Also, if you like my posts, definitely follow me over at Bloglovin.

Ann Taylor Floral Camp Shirt / Alfani Mixed Media Jacket / Thrifted Black Sleeveless Knit (similar here) / Ann Taylor Joggers (similar here) / La Feria Necklace by Carlo Giuliano / Carlos Santana Peep Toe Platform Heels (similar here and here) / Stuart Weitzman Horizon Clutch

alfani jacket, ann taylor top, thrifted knit, jogger pants, stuart weitzman bag, winter fashion, layers
alfani jacket, ann taylor top, thrifted knit, jogger pants, stuart weitzman bag, winter fashion, layers
alfani jacket, ann taylor top, thrifted knit, jogger pants, stuart weitzman bag, winter fashion, layers
alfani jacket, ann taylor top, thrifted knit, jogger pants, stuart weitzman bag, winter fashion, layersalfani jacket, ann taylor top, thrifted knit, jogger pants, stuart weitzman bag, winter fashion, layers