Duty Free x Au Revoir Les Filles

Collab with Au Revoir Les Filles I'm especially excited for today's post because I'm announcing my first collaboration for Duty Free Dame! And it's with the Australian jewelry brand, Au Revoir Les Filles. I stumbled onto the brand through Instagram and was really intrigued by the designs of the pieces-- edgy, and mystifying, yes, but also a bit funky as well.
I perused the pieces on the website and could really see myself wearing the jewelry so I decided to contact Teresa Tiong, the designer behind it all, about a collaboration. I was thrilled when she said yes, and I couldn't wait to get started.

Au Revoir Les Filles is actually a relatively new brand on the fashion scene, only having launched in October of last year, but since then has gained a ton of great press. Honestly, I'm not surprised. Just by looking at the collection, the pieces really make you do a double-take and you can also sense that there is this unorthodox story behind it all that has intrigued many.

The brand gives off a sense of something that is haunting, yet poetic at the same time. Pieces, such as the Killaflora necklace, convey a dark aesthetic that draws on themes of sensuality and melancholy and also of savagery and frailty. It's this constant battle between opposites, it seems, and from those feelings alone a real story commences.

Teresa has built this intricate tale with her jewelry in a way that is a perfect fit for Duty Free. Through my writing on the blog, I often find myself telling a story for all of you just like Teresa has done with Au Revoir. I have always really taken to crafting stories both on my blog and on my YouTube channel  because I feel like my life has always been this unwritten story that needs to be put onto paper. Thankfully, you guys don't seem to find any of this pathetically dramatic (I'm typing this out and am pretty sure there is a tiny violin hiding somewhere) and a lot of you have commented that you really resonate with my style of writing.

Without further adieu, I hope you enjoy the collaboration. It's a three-part collaboration with the brand and I will post the first look tomorrow. Until then, enjoy some of these cool ass photos from Au Revoir. I'm especially digging the last photo. I love shots that are somewhat candid and still look very put-together at the same time.

Collab with Au Revoir Les Filles - Killaflora necklace

Collab with Au Revoir Les Filles - The Killaflora Necklace