Au Revoir L'Hiver

As we've been rolling out of winter these last few days (global climate change anyone?), I've been thinking to myself how I secretly love winter. Hm, I guess it's not that much of a secret, but it's not the most common thing either.
If I had to explain it, it's the way the cool air feels against my skin that makes me feel so fresh and weirdly enough, kind of clean. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a Desi girl through and through; I gotta love me some summer, but something about the winter air just does it for me. And when I took these photos, I felt exactly like that.

Maybe it was the weather that day, or maybe it was because I was having a good hair day, but I am really digging how these photos came out. I'm especially proud and excited about it all because it is the first part of a three-part collaboration with the jewelry brand Au Revoir Les Filles. As I spoke in the last post, I'm really excited to work with Teresa Tiong, the founder and designer behind Au Revoir. I think her edgy, funky, yet classy designs really match the brand aesthetic of Duty Free.

This Killaflora necklace has been a great addition to my wardrobe. It's my first big spend purchase on myself and I couldn't be happier that I clicked that 'buy' button. In the last few weeks alone, I've probably worn this necklace at least 6 or 7 times. I'd call that a win. You see, the secret when you start buying quality over quantity is that it's got to be timeless. Pick pieces that can be paired with multiple outfits and you will be golden.

This layered outfit in particular, has worked its way into my winter wardrobe several times over and I'm not ashamed. I developed a real fondness for layering these past few months thanks to some of my favorite bloggers, Shine by Three and the Daileigh. They both showed me that the key to winter wear really is just that: layers. Especially when you don't have "official" winter gear like huge sweaters and thick faux fur jackets, doubling up on pants and tops, spring jackets, and thin coats is really the way to go.

Here, you can probably see that I did a little DIY ripped action over here on my Express jeans. Let me know in the comments if you want to see this DIY in another post! I'd love to do something like that for all of you. I feel like you were really into my how to post on jewelry cleansing so maybe you'll like a DIY too!

I paired the pants with a pair of bright pink leggings underneath. It really made my outfit pop and pulled the pink hues from my polka dotted Express jacket into a really great winter look. Honestly, you have got to try this. Then, you can wear all your ripped denim/pants in the winter months. How is that not winning?

Also, if you like my posts, follow me over at Bloglovin.

Kenneth Cole Winter Jacket, H&M Polka Dot Blazer, Thrifted Knit, Au Revoir Les Filles necklace

Kenneth Cole Winter Jacket, H&M Polka Dot Blazer, Thrifted Knit, Au Revoir Les Filles necklace

Kenneth Cole Winter Jacket, H&M Polka Dot Blazer, Thrifted Knit, Au Revoir Les Filles necklace

Blue Kenneth Cole Reaction Coat (similar here)  / Thrift Black Sleeveless Knit (similar here) / Express Polka Dot Blazer (similar here and here) /
The Killaflora Necklace / Express Skinny Jeans / Colin Stuart Platform High Heels