Harem Stripes

harem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle booties
I thought I would experiment with a little cat wing action here in honor of being invited to participate in a July 4th/Independence Day competition with the company Farfetch. With that in mind, this cat wing was no easy task. I want all of you to know that getting my eyeliner to be somewhat symmetrical took me just about 30 minutes. Yes, 30 minutes. As in half of an hour. As in, I'm not sure if that deserves applause because I mustered up that much patience or laughter because I mustered up that much patience..

For this competition, I was told I needed to incorporate the colors of the American flag. Initially, I thought this would be a breeze, but it was a bit more challenging than I previously thought. Attempting to do this was a somewhat hilarious experience. Hilarious because my bedroom never really agrees with my fashion escapades. I currently am writing from a room with clothes flung from corner to corner, but my room will just have to deal. 

I eventually was really inspired by what I found in my closet, and pulled out some old pieces from the way, way back of my wardrobe. I found this loose, billowy top from Easy Pickins and these Victoria Secret striped wool shorts that I can't even remember when I bought. I realize I love these pieces, because so much damn time has passed, and yet the quality remains the same. I mean, just look at them. They look brand new. And it's blissful moments like these when you know you've become an expert shopper. Goals? I think so.

harem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle bootiesharem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle bootiesharem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle bootiesharem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle bootiesharem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle bootiesharem top, blue wool shorts, blue ankle booties

Harem Top (similar here
Victoria's Secret Wool Shorts (similar here
Nine West Genievieve Booties (similar here
Artisan Crafted Bag from La Boca, Argentina (similar here

Photos Taken With: Nikon Coolpix P7700