My Winter Essentials


Although I usually like to do layers for the wintery months, I decided to step outside my comfort zone and try on a skirt for a change.

Before you continue, proceed cautiously. If you want to wear a skirt during the near freezing temperatures, 1. Decide whether or not you're in the right state of mind, and if you are then, 2. Do you have really tall boots? If you do, then miracles can happen. And by miracles, I clearly mean the ability to wear a skirt during this freezing cold winter.

Ironically, I didn't follow this quick little guide that I drew up for all of you. I picked this look up by chance, which I often do so I'm not sure why I'm so surprised. It happened during my family's yearly ritual to go to Ann Taylor the day after Christmas. Is it a ritual if we've only been doing it for two years? Jokes. My family has been making this trip on the 26th, because Ann Taylor has a killer 60% sale.  I'm sure you find it borderline hilarious that this is becoming a ritual, but one thing you must understand about Indian families: we live for a great bargain.

When we arrived at the store, I wanted to style a look for fun while my mom tried on clothes, and this is what I chose. Yes, I like when I style outfits in 5 minutes flat and still look on point, but I didn't think it would come out this beautiful. Nor did I ever think I was going to purchase the whole damn thing (who does that?), but 60% off a turtleneck and skirt and 75% off boots? How could I not? It really was an amazing deal for such a elegant look and the photos really highlight that elegance.

Looking back on my past looks, I realize this is one of my more chic looks. Normally, I like to keep a touch of 'badass' in my outfits. I'm joking. I'm not that badass.





Coach Crossbody Bag

Photos Taken With: Nikon D3200