Windy Days

Nine West Booties, F21 Boxy Plaid Top, Van Heusen Trench coat, Express skinny jeans


Though it’s technically spring, it doesn’t quite feel like it. Or is this how April always is? I’m not quite sure anymore. These past few years of hell on earth weather have had me desperately clinging to thoughts of amazing travel spots, which is really easy to do when your Instagram feed is full of wanderlust heavy bloggers.
I've tried to cut back on my addiction, but it's proven..difficult. It's made my memory a bit foggy as to why I’m still living on the East coast. But then I have photo shoots like this one with amazing New York City views, and everything makes sense again..sort of.

I was able to find some time to shoot on a friends’ rooftop in NYC a few weeks ago and I thought it was a brilliant idea at the time.  As I made my way up to the rooftop, I suddenly remembered that New York is famous for having the wind tunnel effect; I laughed at my own ‘supposed’ ingenuity. How had it not struck me that the winds are twice as ridiculous at the top of skyscrapers? I can’t even surmise how that didn’t hit me as a possible issue, but I went to college everybody, I swear.

Needless to say, I found it damn near impossible to take these photos. I know y’all have heard me say this in a post or two before, but taking photos is difficult at times and I couldn’t even get more than 2 decent photos after an hour of comical attempts. You needed to be there. Seriously. There were times when all of my hair was suspended in mid-air because of the high pressure winds; I wanted so badly to snap a photo of it, but alas, my hair would always sit itself right back down on my shoulders when I tried to. Clearly, my mane has a mind of its own.. So instead, you get these pretty little photos where I look poised and pristine as if I casually took these gems in five minutes flat. Jokes..

You probably recognize the top in the photos. I showed this shaggy, plaid top from Forever 21 in my last post, 'the 5 Step Wardrobe Cleanse.' I'm sure I'm breaking some cardinal fashion blogger rule where I'm not allowed to showcase the same item two posts in a row, but then I remember that there are no actual rules to fashion blogging so take that! I shot both sets of photos in the same day, so that's my justification behind this possible blogging faux pas. I had made several attempts to switch up said outfit, but to no avail: the monochrome colors in my boxy, plaid top highlighted the blue in my suede boots much more than most of my other pieces, so I thought to myself, 'What the hell. I'll keep it.' I suppose shaggy, plaid top saved the day, no? Hm, I never thought I'd utter such a strange sentence, much less type it.

NYC Rooftop

Nine West Booties, F21 Boxy Plaid Top, Van Heusen Trench coat, Express skinny jeans
Van Heusen Trench coat (similar here
Express Skinny Jeans (similar here
Target leggings (similar here
Forever 21 Boxy Top

Photos Taken With: Nikon Coolpix P7700